at Flower Shop
Flower Shop is a branding, marketing and PR agency that specifically focuses on clients in the cannabis industry. Our team is comprised of entertainment, advertising, social media and cannabis experts because diversity, relevancy, and authenticity are at the core of who we are. We are looking for a passionate, energetic, relentlessly curious and proactive creative thinker to fulfill the position of Copywriter. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to create something outside of the traditional agency mold, which will help take our work to the next level. Firm deadlines, quick turnaround times, and fluctuating workloads are common for this position; the Copywriter will have ability to thrive in this dynamic atmosphere and will be able to handle these challenges with confidence and grace.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Translate concepts into effective messages by writing clear, persuasive original copy
- Writing up ideas for presentations, proposals, marketing plans, and variety of other formats and mediums
- Writing copy for scripts, case studies, and more.
- Working with graphic designers to create decks with a strong focus on ideas and visuals
- Contribute strategic, conceptual thinking in the creation of integrated campaigns, working across traditional, experiential, digital and social media, packaging, products, etc.
- Creative ideation for a variety of campaigns, and brands
- Develop a working knowledge of our clients’ brands, and produce creative that supports and strengthens their initiatives
- Research industry and social media trends; interesting stories and news related to clients in order to help generate innovative concepts that will effectively contribute to overall creative strategy and campaign success
- Research insights and demographics to better understand your target audience in order to generate effective creative concepts that will resonate with your target
- Participate in briefs, brainstorms, team meetings and presentations to clients
- Revise or redevelop creative in response to feedback from leadership
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college/university with degree in a related field (marketing/advertising/communications/journalism)
- Portfolio of print, online or related work
- Minimum 1-2 year experience
- Strong creative talent and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced, rapidly-changing entrepreneurial environment
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize, and strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and passion for cannabis
- Previous experience at an agency is a plus
- Be a strong communicator, both written and verbal, who understands the interaction between strategy, content and audience
- Must balance high-priority, long-term projects with short-term, immediate deadlines
- Strategic thinker, with strong grasp of major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Vine, Instagram, LinkedIn) and how to apply them to achieve brand goals
- Familiarity with creative tools, including PowerPoint and Keynote
- The ability to anticipate needs of clients
- Keep up to date with cannabis industry, culture and trends
- Must be able to grasp the agency's "voice"